Applying as a "Mature-aged" student - here's what you need to know
How will your application be assessed?
For entry into degree-level programs, selection officers will be looking for one or more of the following criteria in your application.
1. Significant and relevant work experience, which clearly demonstrates that you have met the entry requirements of the program. and/or
2. Previous study, which may include:
- Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level.
- Successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as FAST.
- Successful completion of a VET qualification at Certificate III or higher.
- Successful completion of at least one single subject (non-award) study.
Use Course Finder
to check if the program you wish to apply for has any additional entry requirements. For applicants that have not done further study since VCE (or equivalent)
Our selection officers will consider your life experience, working and volunteer experience, and any further training you may have completed. If you have not completed any training or study since leaving high-school your VCE results will be considered as the most recent in your study history.
If you are worried about your high-school results not reflecting your capabilities as a student, don't worry. Our selection officers will consider your application based on your ability to succeed in your chosen course, we understand that you are more than your ATAR.